Am 20.09.2016 um 15:28 schrieb Viacheslav Usov:
But normally incompatible runtimes will have different DLL names
(msvcr110.dll, msvcr120.dll, etc.).

In the case of MinGW, they will not. It always links to the DLL named
msvcrt.dll, which is not even supposed to be linked to except by the
OS's own components [1].

Cheers,
V.

[1] https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/oldnewthing/20140411-00/?p=1273

I fail to see how this is a problem. If I link my MSVC-compiled program with a MinGW-compiled lua53.dll, I might get the following dependency tree (swap msvcrt.dll with msvcr120.dll for the reverse case):

  myprogram.exe
  ├───lua53.dll
  │   └───msvcrt.dll
  └───msvcr120.dll

Two runtimes are loaded independently, as described before.

‒ Christian