Roberto Ierusalimschy <roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
> New try:
>
>    That is, a border is the (positive integer) index of any non-nil
>    value in a table that is followed by a nil value (or 0, when
>    index 1 is empty.)

I’m sorry, but I think that this just got worse for me—or confusing in
a different way. It seems to say the border is an index...in a table that
is followed by a nil value. But “that is followed by a nil value” shouldn’t
modify “table” (I think), but “non-nil value”. But moving it there doesn’t
seem very good either: “a border is the (positive integer) index of any
non-nil value that is followed by a nil value in a table.”

I think that you may be trying to say too much in one sentence.

Best, P