On Sep 3, 2016 1:17 AM, "Andrew Starks" <andrew@starksfam.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 23:00 Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>> [...]
>>

> Steve, I respect your opinion and I disagree with your assessment of trolling.
>
> It occurs to me that troll has a double meaning that I had not considered. Besides the green man we have fishing's version. We plod along with bait, waiting for someone to grab it, and then hold court. It does not require rudeness.

I'm pretty sure the fishing meaning is the intended one. A person "trolls along" forums, waiting for someone to take the bait. Nothing to do with the kind of troll that has green skin. Although in recent years, the term has been misused to mean anything annoying, even unintentionally. ("I got trolled by my car tire, it popped and made me late!")