[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: Subtable sort (Was: Length-unaware sorting algorithm)
- From: "Soni L." <fakedme@...>
- Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 19:54:12 -0300
On 26/08/16 02:51 AM, Dirk Laurie wrote:
I wanna sort a Lua table without a concept of length.
I've been wondering: why does table.sort not have optional
beginning and starting points?
Beginning and... starting points?
1. table.concat, table.move, table.unpack all have it.
2. It makes a lot of sense (in fact, many sorting algorithms
operate that way).
3. It is a very easy thing to implement.
4. The maligned concept of length can be sidestepped.
Disclaimer: these emails may be made public at any given time, with or without reason. If you don't agree with this, DO NOT REPLY.