[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Subtable sort (Was: Length-unaware sorting algorithm)
- From: Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@...>
- Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 07:51:48 +0200
> I wanna sort a Lua table without a concept of length.
I've been wondering: why does table.sort not have optional
beginning and starting points?
1. table.concat, table.move, table.unpack all have it.
2. It makes a lot of sense (in fact, many sorting algorithms
operate that way).
3. It is a very easy thing to implement.
4. The maligned concept of length can be sidestepped.