Marc Balmer <marc@msys.ch> wrote:
> Asinus in latin means donkey in english.  So it’s a bridge of donkeys, or
> „Eselsbrücke“ in german.

>From one semantic argument (about ‘sequence’ or ‘array’) to another...

Luckily, in this case things are relatively simple. ‘asinus’ can be
translated into English as ‘donkey’ or ‘ass’. A donkey is a (type of) ass,
and they are synonyms for most purposes in English. (In scientific
contexts, I suppose you would be more precise and say that a donkey is only
the best known subspecies of ass.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asinus

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ass

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/donkey

Whee, P

PS It’s fun to actually have my day job matter on this list. I teach Latin
and Greek.