On Sat, Aug 6, 2016 at 1:56 AM, Leinen, Rick <RLeinen@leviton.com> wrote:

> My desire is to use the same chunk with multiple states, so it sounds like your suggestion of using lua_dump makes sense.

I may be mistaken, but my impression is that you are relatively new to Lua. In which case I'd recommend that you should not go there just yet. This is an advanced use of Lua.

Use the registry as was suggested by others, and only once that works for you, you understand how that works, and you have a real, not perceived, reason why that is not good enough, reconsider this.

Cheers,
V.