Hi Peter,

> 3. print(1), print(2), print(3) is an expression list.
> If all that is right, my remaining question: why isn’t the last call in
> an expression list also taken “as is”. I.e., once again, why not `nil, nil,
> nil`?

According to the docs [1] "return f1(), f2(), f3()" has f1 adjusted to
1 result (which returns `nil` instead of nothing), f2 also adjusted to
1 result, and f3 is adjusted to return all results (and there are
none), which produces `nil, nil` result you get.

Paul.

[1] https://www.lua.org/manual/5.3/manual.html#3.4