On Thu Jul 21 2016, Ulrich Schmidt wrote:
> I would like to discuss more the experience with existing lua
> versions than dreaming about highly specialized features almost noons
> needs.
[snip]
> Just my 2 cents. Sorry for the noise.

It's not noise, Ulrich, no need to apologize. My dream for Lua is
that we have a separate lua-bikeshedding-l list on which those
interested could discuss their dreams to their hearts' content, while
on this list we could concentrate on pragmatic discussion about this
already quite nice little language.

I gather that attempts at creating such a separation on other lists
have not been successful, the main problem being that one person's
bikeshed detail is another person's Fundamental Issue. So, I just
develop my habit of ignoring certain authors and certain topics.

But I hear you, my friend, I hear you....

-Sean