Hello all.

I like the lua mailing list, because all the nice people around and all the
valuable discussions.

In the near past i read many discussion about a) new features requested and
b) trouble with tables.

I cant follow all the complains about table handling. If i know how tables
work ( and they work well from my point of view) then i write my own code in a
way my code keeps working. For me it looks like, people want to go from here
to there in a shortest way but there is a wall between. Now i can complain
about the wall again and again or i find the door in the wall and go thru the
door. The way to walk may be a little bit longer but i reach my destination.

I would like to discuss more the experience with existing lua versions than
dreaming about highly specialized features almost noons needs.

And i think its not the task of the lua language to work around badly written
functions and libraries.

Just my 2 cents. Sorry for the noise.

Ulrich.