On 7/3/16, sur-behoffski <sur_behoffski@grouse.com.au> wrote:
> 1. Version 5.3 uses the phrase "current release". whereas all other
> versions use "last release".  I believe that this latter phrase is
> potentially misleading -- if a bug is fixed in a version, then the
> release number is updated accordingly (e.g. 5.1.6), along with the
> release date.  The word "last" can be misinterpreted to mean "final",
> when "final" is not guaranteed to be the case.  I suggest a longer
> phrase; perhaps "most recent bugfix release" (you may have a better
> suggestion);

I personally don't see a problem with the current labels. (I'm just a
random passerby here.)

> 3. On my browser (not Opera!), the font/colour scheme/character
> style/whatever for links, both unreferenced and referenced, is not
> all that different from the plain text.

I think here you have a point.

According to the "Web Content Accessibility Guidelines"[1], if I
understand them correctly, then if you use only color to distinguish
links, you need a contrast ratio[2] of at least 3:1 with surrounding
text. lua.org's contrast ratio is 1.3:1 (where normal text is #000000
and links #000080). But you're allowed(?) to work around this by
providing another visual cue, like an underline. Indeed, when I visit
w3c.org's frontpage I see that while their contrast is only 1.67:1,
they do use a nice underline.

Here's a CSS I suggest for lua.org's:

    /* Show a dainty underline only for links inside paragraphs
     * (not for ones in menus & headers!) */
    p a { border-bottom: 1px solid #A8BFCF; }

[1] http://webaim.org/blog/wcag-2-0-and-link-colors/
[2] http://webaim.org/resources/contrastchecker/