G'day,

Thanks for the updates to the versions.html page.

There are three things I notice as I read the page now, that I
believe could be clarified further:

1. Version 5.3 uses the phrase "current release". whereas all other
versions use "last release".  I believe that this latter phrase is
potentially misleading -- if a bug is fixed in a version, then the
release number is updated accordingly (e.g. 5.1.6), along with the
release date.  The word "last" can be misinterpreted to mean "final",
when "final" is not guaranteed to be the case.  I suggest a longer
phrase; perhaps "most recent bugfix release" (you may have a better
suggestion);

2. The opening paragraph starts by talking about a chronology of
the "versions" of Lua in the first sentence, then gives a pointer
to a 2007 paper in the second sentence, and then gives a pointer to
all "releases" in the third and final sentence.

I believe that this paragraph needs some surgery; at least, split
the third (release download) sentence into a separate paragraph, as
this points to a ftp directory, where all releases are laid out; and

3. On my browser (not Opera!), the font/colour scheme/character
style/whatever for links, both unreferenced and referenced, is not
all that different from the plain text.  I would appreciate a
scheme where the links were more distinctive.  (I suspect that this
is one of the reasons why I had trouble finding the
release-download link in the first paragraph).

In any case, thanks for your consideration.

cheers,

sur-behoffski (Brenton Hoff)
Programmer, Grouse Software