On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 9:32 AM, Philipp Janda <siffiejoe@gmx.net> wrote:
> I'm not sure what Hisham expects, but I think it would be awkward if the OO
> syntax only worked on the arrays returned by `table.pack()` ...

I should reference these things better - Hisham already thought that
pack()/unpack() was symmetrical. And if someone of his experience
expects this, then yes, this is a issue.

True, suddenly the notation changes. Better to just allow that
metatable to control __len. Tables with method notation is another
discussion. But I hope we would agree that table.unpack(t) in this
case should do the correct thing.