On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 5:13 PM, Dhaval Kapil <dhavalkapil@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello everyone!

So in the past few days I've made some changes:

- Removed the BIN directory, luavm no longer plays with links
- luavm exists as a function instead of a script: Multiple sessions can have different environments configured
- Environment maintained through environment variables
- LUA_PATH and LUAC_PATH set after using a particular version of luarocks
- Added functionality to set/unset default versions of Lua, LuaJIT and Luarocks. Default versions will automatically be set in a fresh terminal session. See the README for details.

TODO:
- Testing - Very much needed!
- Change name from 'luavm' to 'lua-env'
- Update all function names inside luavm and bind them to a particular namespace, like lua-env_<func>: This is because the entire script is loaded in bash and its functions will be present and overwrite existing ones.

And I find luaenv much better. There's already a project by this name so probably I will be shifting to lua-env.

Comments and suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi I used the previous luavm and now updated to luaver and just wanted to ask if you removed the idea of keeping LuaRocks changing with the switch to another Lua. I expected LuaRocks and Lua to switch when using `luaver use 5.3.3` and it did not. Is this on purpose or is there a bug?
--
Regards,
Ryan