On Fri, Jun 03, 2016 at 08:36:47AM +0200, Marc Balmer wrote:
> fwiw, there is libsodium (a C library), and I started a Lua binding for it.
> See https://download.libsodium.org/doc/ for info on libsodium.
>
> If other think they could use sodium for Lua, drop me a note, it might
> accelerate things.

The good thing about libsodium is that it doesn't support or implement
existing standards, which are quite archaic and brittle. And generally it
provides only 1 or 2 libsodium-specific algorithms and formats for any
particular operation, which are hard to use improperly.

The bad thing about libsodium is that [same as above].

In particular, libsodium doesn't support RSA, period. And good luck finding
any existing software, other than libsodium-derived software, that can
accept it's "sealed boxes" messages.