On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 3:23 AM, Javier Guerra Giraldez <javier@guerrag.com> wrote:
On 24 May 2016 at 20:26, Dhaval Kapil <me@dhavalkapil.com> wrote:
> There is a huge number of people who have used 'rvm' and 'nvm'.

in your place, i'd avoid any relation with 'nvm' like that plague

--
Javier

Aw come on, it's not that bad is it?

(disclaimer, it's gotten a lot of new features added since I transferred maintenance to @ljharb)

One interesting point related to nvm is that I worked very initially to make it possible to have multiple versions active on a single machine at once.
In other words, it didn't move symlinks or anything global, only affected environment variables for the current terminal session.  I think this is possible with lua and did something similar with my home-grown lua environment for travis https://github.com/super-agent/travis-env/blob/master/setenv.sh

Also regarding the name, what about "moon phase"/"fase da lua".  Just "phase" or "fase" might be unique enough.

-Tim Caswell (creator of nvm and luvit)