On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 11:42 PM, Andrew Starks <andrew@starksfam.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 1:22 PM, Tim Caswell <tim@creationix.com> wrote:
>> For a while I've been promising a blog post explaining how luvit and lit
>> packages can be used with plain lua or luajit (as opposed to the luvit
>> binary).  It's finally out.
>>
>> Pure Luv - Using Luvit Without Luvit
>> https://luvit.io/blog/pure-luv.html
>>
>> -Tim Caswell
>
> Hey Tim,
>
> I read the blog post a while back but didn't get a chance to walk
> through it until now. I'm not at all familiar with lit, have not had a
> chance to play with node.js or livid, until now. When I got to:
>
> mkdir myapp
> cd myapp
> lit install creationix/weblit creationix/uv luvit/pretty-print
>
> ...I missed the something. None of the prior steps led me to install
> `lit`. Can you point me to the document that will give me the proper
> context?
>
> Thanks for helping me out.
>

> --
> Andrew Starks

In answer to my own question:

To install lit, the magic line for OSX is :

curl -L https://github.com/luvit/lit/raw/master/get-lit.sh | sh

Which is found at:

https://github.com/luvit/lit/

---

I couldn't find this, until I posted the question, and then I found it
immediately. :)

If you're revising your blog, a link to this would be helpful,
especially those with no lit/luvit history.

Thanks again!

--
Andrew Starks