Bertrand,

I recommend that you use the "Merge request" feature of Github before merging your changes. This way, we can review your changes before they are merged into the master branch, it's easier this way.

Sure, no problem.  So I fork on github and use the fork as my new origin, and after pushing I can to a pull request on github, right? (I was working from the command line, not via guthub).

There was already a pull request for adding 5.3 support:
https://github.com/pllua/pllua/pull/22

That's what you miss when working on the command line ;)

But it was breaking the bigint support hack in 5.1 (for PG BIGINT datatype, using the external int64 library).

Your commit keeps this but don't use native 5.3 support everywhere it should in my opinion.
You might want to have a look at the above mentioned PR and add a few more 5.3 checks in plluaapi.c

Sure.  For now I only made sure it builds (and somehow runs) with Lua 5.3.  More tests to come.

btw, I suggest to remove the pllua.sql file since that is generated from pllua.sql.in when the module is built. And it gets in your way in case you compile pllua in a different location (setting VPATH to the sources). See the attached GNUmakefile, it fails to build/install pllua when the source dir contains this pllua.sql file.  What do you think about removing pllua.sql?