On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 12:34 AM, Eric Wing <ewmailing@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/2/16, Pierre Chapuis <catwell@archlinux.us> wrote:
>>> On 2/27/16, Pierre Chapuis <catwell@archlinux.us> wrote:
>>
>>> You are correct. IUP hasn't moved anywhere. So I started my own port.
>>> https://github.com/ewmailing/IupCocoa (Cocoa branch)
>>>
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> There's much to do, so I really could use help.
>>
>> Interesting, I didn't know about it.
>>
>> Regarding help, currently there is not much I can do. I am not usually a
>> GUI programmer and I know practically nothing about Cocoa. I don't even
>> own a Mac :) This is why I try to write code in a cross-platform library.
>>
>> On Windows I don't even recompile IUP: I use the distribution from
>> LuaBinaries and I package it with my Lua code. It is a very convenient
>> way to write small GUI wrappers around code that is mostly intended
>> for the CLI (my GUIs are usually of the "set a few parameters, choose
>> a few paths and press start to run" kind).
>>

> I also had trouble with the Makefiles. There's a CMake script I found
> somewhere that helped me get it built for Windows. At some later
> point, I would be interested in using it for all the platforms.
>
> Anyway, one simple task I think I would benefit from is if I could get
> screenshots of all the IUP tests on the different backends so I have a
> reference to compare to. Booting up and building the other platforms
> is kind of a pain.
>
> Thanks,
> Eric

I cross-compile Lua modules to Windows in MXE. I have added some rocks I use:
https://github.com/mxe/mxe/blob/master/plugins/luarocks/README.md
Can someone join the review process of my pull request to LuaRocks:
https://github.com/keplerproject/luarocks/pull/491
(Thanks to katlogic!)

Another thing I want to get is compiling rocks as static libraries and
then produce static binaries. Especially for Windows, where running
anything except static binaries is kind of a pain. Key points:
https://github.com/keplerproject/luarocks/pull/264#issuecomment-149366037

--

Best regards,
Boris Nagaev