On 3/2/16, Pierre Chapuis <catwell@archlinux.us> wrote:
>> On 2/27/16, Pierre Chapuis <catwell@archlinux.us> wrote:
>
>> You are correct. IUP hasn't moved anywhere. So I started my own port.
>> https://github.com/ewmailing/IupCocoa (Cocoa branch)
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> There's much to do, so I really could use help.
>
> Interesting, I didn't know about it.
>
> Regarding help, currently there is not much I can do. I am not usually a
> GUI programmer and I know practically nothing about Cocoa. I don't even
> own a Mac :) This is why I try to write code in a cross-platform library.
>
> On Windows I don't even recompile IUP: I use the distribution from
> LuaBinaries and I package it with my Lua code. It is a very convenient
> way to write small GUI wrappers around code that is mostly intended
> for the CLI (my GUIs are usually of the "set a few parameters, choose
> a few paths and press start to run" kind).

I also had trouble with the Makefiles. There's a CMake script I found
somewhere that helped me get it built for Windows. At some later
point, I would be interested in using it for all the platforms.

Anyway, one simple task I think I would benefit from is if I could get
screenshots of all the IUP tests on the different backends so I have a
reference to compare to. Booting up and building the other platforms
is kind of a pain.

Thanks,
Eric