Am 26.02.2016 um 12:00 schrieb Bernd Eggink:
Since some time (don't know exactly when) any call of 'luarocks', even a
call without parameters, ends with a segmentation fault.

I think I found the culprit. Some time ago I had followed the advice luarocks prints when installing a rock:

"Warning: falling back to curl - install luasec to get native HTTPS support".

and installed luasec. This module causes an "undefined symbol: luaL_checkint" error when luarocks requires "ssl.https" (in fs/lua.lua, line 559), which indicates that it isn't suited for Lua 5.3 (although the home page says "lua >= 5.1"). After removing luasec the segfault was gone. Perhaps the above-mentioned warning should be modified if luarocks is used under 5.3

Regards,
Bernd