On 23/02/16 22:33, Luke Drummond wrote:
[...]
> `io.open` returns `errno` as its 3rd return value

That is, unfortunately, not documented. Can I rely on it?

There's also a more subtle problem --- errnos aren't very standardised.
Luckily, the low-value ones are usually the same across platforms (I
need to support Windows *and* Linux *and* BSD *and* OSX). ENOENT seems
to be 2 on most. I found a handy table:

http://www.ioplex.com/~miallen/errcmp.html

Shame there isn't a portable way of converting an errno to an identifier
string and back...

│ "There is nothing in the world so dangerous --- and I mean *nothing*
│ --- as a children's story that happens to be true." --- Master Li Kao,
│ _The Bridge of Birds_