> 2. Most of what we really do is confidential and can't be shared.

This is certainly part of it. At least in my case it is.

> 4. We just don't think anybody else would be interested in the
> application.
> 5. The whole way that LuaRocks is structured encourages the
> module approach to the point that nothing else really fits.

LuaRocks is a tool used primarily by Lua developers. If I
write a re-usable module, the end user is probably going to
be a Lua developer and it makes sense to publish it through
LuaRocks. If I write an application, the end user may not be
a Lua developer and it may make more sense to distribute it
in another way.

--
Pierre Chapuis