I'm in the middle of a project where my scripts might have to return
localised texts. Nothing too fancy just plain strings (i.e. no
formatting of results, time/date formats, etc.)

I think Lua's tables will be good enough to handle holding the data but
was wondering if anybody had any experience or insights into organising
the data.

Stuff like:
 * One big file with all translation, or separate files per language/region?
 * Pull in via require, or some hand rolled loader?
 * Use raw tables, meta-table object, or a function call to access the text?
 * ID the texts via a native language value, or some unique ID number?
 * Finding all locations of translated texts in code base to send off
for translation

Scott