[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Handling Translated Texts (i18n)
- From: Scott Morgan <blumf@...>
- Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 16:15:55 +0000
I'm in the middle of a project where my scripts might have to return
localised texts. Nothing too fancy just plain strings (i.e. no
formatting of results, time/date formats, etc.)
I think Lua's tables will be good enough to handle holding the data but
was wondering if anybody had any experience or insights into organising
* One big file with all translation, or separate files per language/region?
* Pull in via require, or some hand rolled loader?
* Use raw tables, meta-table object, or a function call to access the text?
* ID the texts via a native language value, or some unique ID number?
* Finding all locations of translated texts in code base to send off