> What is more, while checking source for lua_version at
> http://www.lua.org/source/5.3/lapi.c.html#lua_version, I noticed
> that the * in the return type is invisible when the function is
> "highlighted" (I mean that gray rounded rectangle background it gets
> when it is the target of the URL anchor).

Sorry about that. Thanks for spotting this.

Adding transparency in the background color helps.
I've tested it on the source pages and it seems to work fine.
The source pages in the site will be fixed by tomorrow.

Are there other places in the Lua web site where highlighted items
obscure surrounding text?