On Sun, Jan 31, 2016 at 4:39 PM, Marc Balmer <marc@msys.ch> wrote:

>>> Done.
>>>
>>> Though I am thinking of starting a discussion about Lua ecosystems, the need for them (or not), here online.
>>>
>>> My main concern, in all brevity:  How could someone who does not use LuaRocks (me) still make sure his (mine) stuff can be used by someone who uses LuaRocks (you)?
>>>

>> I would publish my work as is, announce it here and ask somebody to
>> make a rockspec for it. LPeg rock seems to be created like this.
>
> I actually did this.  Several times even, especially for luapgsql (github.com/mbalmer/luapgsql), but no success so far.

I have tried to install it:

$ luarocks install --local luapgsql
Missing dependencies for luapgsql:
lua >= 5.1, == lua, < 5.3
Error: Could not satisfy dependency: lua >= 5.1, == lua, < 5.3

The problem is in the lua version field. It is set to "lua >= 5.1, lua
< 5.3". Replace it with "lua >= 5.1, < 5.3".

For more information about the rockspec format, see
https://github.com/keplerproject/luarocks/wiki/Rockspec-format#Dependency_information

--

Best regards,
Boris Nagaev