> Am 27.01.2016 um 11:30 schröbte Dirk Laurie:

>>> I, for one, am really happy to know that the next time I need a
>>> string-split function I'll be able to just type `luarocks install
>>> split`
>>

>> What do you type when you need a json function?
>

> Probably dkjson, because that's what he endorsed[1] in the Lua Toolbox[2]
> (just to mention another place where you can look for Lua libraries).

The Toolbox displays only modules that have been endorsed by at least
one critic. Over 600 unendorsed modules remain invisible unless you are
logged in.

Unfortunately many worthwhile modules are not even unendorsed.
For example, the praiseworthy "split" has not made it to the Toolbox (yet?).

So I'd say: if it is endorsed in the Toolbox, it's probably good; if it is
unendorsed, it might not be all that good; if it is missing, no conclusion
is possible.