On 11 January 2016 at 21:06, Jonathan Goble <jcgoble3@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Roberto? Luiz? I'm interested in hearing your "official" opinions on
>>> this proposal.
>>
>> We don't have any "official" opinion about that.
>
> OK. But what are the chances of this being added to stock Lua in the
> next version?

Based on the number of patches enthusiastically posted to this list,
and the number that ever get in - I'd say the answer is "very low".

I'm glad it is that way, or Lua would be Python. It doesn't mean your
patch isn't useful, or clever. Personally almost every time I use %b,
I wish it had a way to handle escaping. But Lua simply isn't an
all-features-included language.

Regards,
Matthew