Well, that's interesting...

I looked at both sites, and I can see that the Lua-logo'd merchandise is:
  1. Difficult to find
  2. Difficult to distinguish from non-programming-related items under "Lua"
  3. Limited in variety
IOW, poorly marketed. Which is not terribly surprising, since techies are, as a group, terrible marketers. Has to do with why we are techies, and not rich (usually).

If anybody wanted to do some very elementary marketing changes, I think you might see more than 1-2 T-shirts sold in a year. Some really simple tweaks would include:
  1. Addition of larger variety of items
  2. Some new images (I thought the sample program was interesting, but there might be some better/funnier alternatives possible)
  3. Something that would make it easier to find and distinguish Lua programming items (like maybe, adding "programming" or "language" to the search terms)
  4. Including a links page on the wiki to specific items with a short description of each
I suspect that the marketing would actually be *more* effective if you went with either Zazzle or Cafe Press, and not both.

Howard Lee Harkness
918-416-1420

On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 9:21 AM, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
> There's a shop? Where can I find it?

The site lua.org mentions the shops in several pages:
        https://www.google.com/search?q=Zazzle&sitesearch=lua.org

        "You can also help to spread the word about Lua by
         buying Lua products at Zazzle and CafePress."