[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: [ANN] LuaBlink -- a library for controlling Blink(1) devices
- From: matthew@...
- Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 18:37:25 +0000
Consider a Venn diagram with one set representing all Lua programmers
and another set representing everyone who wants to program their
Blink(1), a USB RGB LED notification light from ThingM.
Announcing version 0.6.1 of LuaBlink, a Lua library that allows you to
control Blink(1) lights. LuaBlink is available at
Using LuaBlink you can easily perform earth-shattering feats of
programming such as flashing lights. Below is a sample program
requiring two Blink(1)s. It alternates them between red and green.
local b = require 'blink'
local d0 = b.open(0)
local d1 = b.open(1)
while true do
Here are a few of the more important items on my TODO list:
- write decent installation instructions
- write a rockspec
- implement a more "Lua-like" API
- improve integration with my Colorswatches library
If you happen to have one or more Blink(1)s, I'd very much appreciate
your trying out the library and sending me feedback.
Matthew M. Burke