Consider a Venn diagram with one set representing all Lua programmers and another set representing everyone who wants to program their Blink(1), a USB RGB LED notification light from ThingM.

Announcing version 0.6.1 of LuaBlink, a Lua library that allows you to control Blink(1) lights. LuaBlink is available at https://github.com/profburke/luablink.

Using LuaBlink you can easily perform earth-shattering feats of programming such as flashing lights. Below is a sample program requiring two Blink(1)s. It alternates them between red and green.

local b = require 'blink'
local d0 = b.open(0)
local d1 = b.open(1)
while true do
      d0:red()
      d1:green()
      b.sleep(100)
      d0:green()
      d1:red()
end

Here are a few of the more important items on my TODO list:

- write decent installation instructions
- write a rockspec
- implement a more "Lua-like" API
- improve integration with my Colorswatches library

If you happen to have one or more Blink(1)s, I'd very much appreciate your trying out the library and sending me feedback.

Regards,

Matt

--
Matthew M. Burke