Am 07.09.2015 um 04:39 schröbte Sean Conner:

But under the Linux error_sys portion [6] I found my UUID module with
the following error:

     ["org.conman.uuid"] = {
       ["1.2.2-1"] = {
         stderr = {
           "Warning: skipping dependency checks.",
           "make: Warning: File `Makefile' has modification time 7.1e+08 s in the future",
           "src/luauuid.c:35:17: fatal error: lua.h: No such file or directory",
           " #include <lua.h>",
           "                 ^",
           "compilation terminated.",
           "make: *** [so/luauuid.o] Error 1",
           "",
           "Error: Build error: Failed building."
         },
         stdout = {
           "mkdir so",
           "mkdir lib",
           "gcc -std=c99 -O2 -fPIC -fPIC -c -o so/luauuid.o src/luauuid.c",
           "Installing https://rocks.moonscript.org/org.conman.uuid-1.2.2-1.src.rock...";,
           "Using https://rocks.moonscript.org/org.conman.uuid-1.2.2-1.src.rock... switching to 'build' mode"
         }
       }
     },

lua.h not found?  What file should I include?  And it also failed under
OS-X [7] but *not* Windows? [8]

I can help with that one: Your compiler command line doesn't specify an include directory for the Lua headers, so the rockspec/Makefile will only work on machines where the Lua header files are installed in one of the standard locations. It fails on machines running e.g. Debian/Ubuntu which support multiple Lua versions by using include directories like `/usr/include/lua5.1`. LuaRocks provides the `LUA_INCDIR` variable which you can pass from the rockspec to your Makefile for setting the proper include directory for the Lua header files ...

   -spc

Philipp