On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 11:48 PM, Roberto Ierusalimschy
<roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
>> So different metatable for 4 than for 5? That would be... interesting.
>
> Actually, different fours could have different metatables :-)
>
> -- Roberto

Hmm... what about strings? I feel like that would probably be the most
useful thing - being able to mark strings as "just binary data,
unprintable", or in a web app marking "safe/sanitized/trusted" strings
that can be output straight into the HTML of a page, or different text
encodings, and so on. Would that be possible too, or are strings
different?

-Duncan