Hi,

I have been pondering on the whole question of FFI interface for Ravi.
Any solution has to also work for standard Lua 5.3. After some thought
I decided that rather than creating an FFI solution, it would be more
powerful and general if I created a Lua centric LLVM binding. I don't
know yet how this will look like, but I am hoping that by end
September I will have something to show.

I want to get to a point eventually where one can not only use the
LLVM bindings to interface with foreign C code without having to write
C code, but also be able to write a JIT compiler for Lua in Lua!

To start with, for the sake of expediency, I am creating this as a
component of Ravi; but it will be Lua 5.3 compatible. I need to at
some point factor it out as a separate library - but I will do this
once I have something working.

You can view progress at the following location where I will put
sample Lua programs to demonstrate the api.

Comments and feedback welcome!

Regards
Dibyendu