On 29 July 2015 at 22:00, Dibyendu Majumdar <mobile@majumdar.org.uk> wrote:
> On 29 July 2015 at 21:48, Paige DePol <lual@serfnet.org> wrote:
>> In my opinion,
>> requesting such a change to a language simply to suit your own variant of
>> the language is not likely to succeed. The proposed change has no benefit to
>> regular Lua so why would it need to be added?
>>

> I was careful to not suggest a particular syntax that would suit Ravi
> - instead just a generic ability to allow tokens that can be ignored.

I think more serious objections are following:

1. The parser would be complicated if some nested structure was
allowed that could use the delimiter ',' -  e.g.:

    local x: {name: string, age: integer} = 0

    Of course Ravi doesn't allow this but others might.

2. The proposed approach doesn't allow for function return parameters
to be annotated.

3. There could be a requirement to declare types outside of local
statements or function parameters.

So I withdraw my suggestion as it is too limited in scope - and won't
really be generic enough.

Regards
Dibyendu