[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: Lua parser enhancement request
- From: Dibyendu Majumdar <mobile@...>
- Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 22:00:24 +0100
On 29 July 2015 at 21:48, Paige DePol <email@example.com> wrote:
> In my opinion,
> requesting such a change to a language simply to suit your own variant of
> the language is not likely to succeed. The proposed change has no benefit to
> regular Lua so why would it need to be added?
I was careful to not suggest a particular syntax that would suit Ravi
- instead just a generic ability to allow tokens that can be ignored.
I feel there are two benefits to the Lua community:
1. Firstly it allows type annotations to be legitimately added by
third-party products while still allowing Lua to run those programs.
2. Secondly it allows Lua programs to benefit from JIT compilation
technology in Ravi - although this may not be a benefit that you care
Anyway - it is just a suggestion, I won't argue that the Lua community