On 29 July 2015 at 21:48, Paige DePol <lual@serfnet.org> wrote:
> In my opinion,
> requesting such a change to a language simply to suit your own variant of
> the language is not likely to succeed. The proposed change has no benefit to
> regular Lua so why would it need to be added?

I was careful to not suggest a particular syntax that would suit Ravi
- instead just a generic ability to allow tokens that can be ignored.

I feel there are two benefits to the Lua community:

1. Firstly it allows type annotations to be legitimately added by
third-party products while still allowing Lua to run those programs.

2. Secondly it allows Lua programs to benefit from JIT compilation
technology in Ravi - although this may not be a benefit that you care
about.

Anyway - it is just a suggestion, I won't argue that the Lua community
needs this.

Regards
Dibyendu