On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 10:17 AM, Coda Highland <chighland@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 9:39 AM, James Chang <jcchang92@gmail.com> wrote:
> Apologies, let me reword that. In my limited exposure to lua, it seems that
> most people use it on intel chips. Sparc and solaris seem to round
> differently from x86 at least, which is what produces the discrepancy
> between these two test results. Pedantic question: Is there anything else we
> can conclude from this test working/breaking other than "okay you can't use
> numbers that are out of range"? I am pretty sure it was not written with
> sparc/solaris in mind.
>
> -- James

I feel reasonably certain that this is exactly the conclusion that
this test is supposed to draw. Why would you expect more?

/s/ Adam

P.S. Don't top-post; put your comments at the bottom of your e-mail replies.

Just wondering what you could conclude if it fails besides the obvious. Probably "implementation of numbers looks different, but I think it'll be ok".

-- James