> On 18/06/2015, at 9:07 pm, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> If the above naming convention is used by a commonly available,
> well documented module, the decision has been taken out of your
> hands. Anything else, despite equally good documentation on your
> part, would just be confusing, no matter how much better it is.

Fair point Dirk, but I think you’re overestimating a few things:

 - the coherence of the current set of DB bindings for Lua (relevant XKCD[1])
 - the influence of my particular binding (it has two followers on github and 1 download on LuaRocks)

so I don’t think there’s much danger of a community being fractured by me choosing to not follow any of the available existing standards.

[1] https://xkcd.com/927/