On 5/28/2015 7:00 PM, Dirk Laurie wrote:

Dirk, IMHO you should mostly leave this to Bogdan and eLua users, they have
been tackling low-RAM issues for a long time and can obviously engage in
productive dialogue.

Hans said:

This feature would also be useful in Linux and Windows.

Sure, this is one sentence.
The primary issue is still solidly in embedded dev, RAM size.

Regarding mmap() in mainstream CPUs, in most applications, data or data manipulation will be massively larger than bytecode size. I doubt mmap() will result in any kind of performance gain, since bytecode reads still contends with data and objects in the D-caches of the CPU -- none of that I/O behaviour changed. I don't see any big win...

That seemed to indicate that eLua expertise was not a prerequisite.
[snip snip snip snip snip]

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)