* Roberto Ierusalimschy <roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> [15/04/15 20:59]:
> > To me, the case you described, is a sparse array, not a plain
> > array. If something quick was available for dense arrays,
> > it'd already be a big deal.
> The problem is that there is no easy (cheap) way to know when a sparse
> array becomes a "plain" one.

I would never try to indulge such arrays and accept them into the
"dense" flock. Born a duck stays a duck. If you want to be an array,
behave like array throughout your entire life.

PS I really want to thank you for continuing to take part in
discussing this topic since I know it has been talked over many
times already. In our community there also are questions
repetitive to the point of toothache, like "why are you using Lua
and not JavaScript" which I will perhaps never get tired of...

--
http://tarantool.org - a NoSQL database in a Lua script