Sibling calls are a subset of tail calls that can be implemented on
top of the C calling convention under the following conditions:

* Caller and callee have the same calling convention. It can be either
c or fastcc.
* The call is a tail call - in tail position (ret immediately follows
call and ret uses value of call or is void).
* Caller and callee have matching return type or the callee result is not used.
* If any of the callee arguments are being passed in stack, they must
be available in caller’s own incoming argument stack and the frame
offsets must be the same.

If I understand properly, the last point is quite restrictive.
—Pierre-Yves