On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 7:40 AM, steve donovan
<steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Penlight is a set of general-purpose Lua libraries.
>
> This release sorts out Lua 5.3 issues and general bug fixes - see [1]
>
> New version is available through LuaRocks;  penlight-scm-1 has also
> been updated so you can track the repo changes.  Otherwise, you can
> grab from Github or directly download [2] - put the pl directory on
> your Lua module path.  The rockspec just pulls in the library code,
> but the zip contains the full source. Online docs are available as
> always at [3].  (But [4])
>
> The community has been very generous in raising issues and submitting
> pull requests, thanks to all.
>
> There are still some outstanding issues and we'll track them down...
>
> steve d.
>

> [1] https://github.com/stevedonovan/Penlight/blob/master/CHANGES.md
> [2] http://stevedonovan.github.io/files/penlight-1.3.2.zip
> [3] http://stevedonovan.github.io/Penlight/api/index.html
> [4] idea floating around: a penlight-dev rock which additionally
> installs documentation and tests on a machine. Anyone like this?

Congratulations, Steve! I use Penlight every day and I like the
improvements. I'm especially keen on checking out the changes to date.
I'm also interested in the changes to Class, but I've become very used
to my ad-hoc / anything-goes approach to objects that it may be a
while before I take another whack at using an object library.

Thank you for the release!

-Andrew