First thing that catches my attention is you mentioning VS2012, with the error message mentioning MSVCRT.lib. Generally the MinGW based compiler (GCC) uses the MSVCRT library, whereas VS uses a MSVCR110 for example.

Some questions
- did you install Lua as binaries, downloaded, or did you compile Lua yourself using the VS version on your system?
- What does your luarocks 'config.lua' file have on the compiler to use?