Hi,

I'm not currently working as a programmer, but back in the day I did get a degree in computer science. So it is safe to say that I'm more than a "little rusty." Even though I make my living doing something else and completely unrelated, now I like to delve into it as a hobby or maybe a bit more later. I'm a big fan of lua and had plenty of fun with it under Linux (Ubuntu). At this point it's just not an option to keep a Linux machine around and I tried to set up the whole thing on Windows 8.1. All nice and good until I tried to to install lua modules needing compilation (eg. LPeg). I'm using a Windows 8.1 64-bit system with Visual Studio 12.0. I get the following error:

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'MSVCRT.lib'

Searches online point to fixes to this on older versions of Visual Studio that I can't even try to access on this version. Any help would be much appreciated.

Eitan Rosa