I guess that works. Just to clarify I don't want the return statement printing out on the screen.

On 03/09/2015 02:07 PM, Tom N Harris wrote:
On Monday, March 09, 2015 01:47:24 PM Pouar wrote:
Can you please include the option to disable printing the return value
in interactive mode. It's annoying.

I'm not suggesting removing it altogether, just the option to disable it.
You're referring to the patch[1] I wrote a few months ago? That's only about
adding the keyword 'return' to expressions typed in the prompt. Are you saying
you want to not see the return value from expressions? I don't understand why
you'd want that.

Not wanting the return from statements is understandable. But whether by
accident or design you can already do it. Add two semicolons after the
statement.

    > math.random()
    0.84018771676347
    > math.random();;

It also works to type the semicolon before the statement. But neither of these
will allow you to type an _expression_.

Pouar