On Monday, March 09, 2015 01:47:24 PM Pouar wrote:
> Can you please include the option to disable printing the return value
> in interactive mode. It's annoying.
>
> I'm not suggesting removing it altogether, just the option to disable it.

You're referring to the patch[1] I wrote a few months ago? That's only about
adding the keyword 'return' to expressions typed in the prompt. Are you saying
you want to not see the return value from expressions? I don't understand why
you'd want that.

Not wanting the return from statements is understandable. But whether by
accident or design you can already do it. Add two semicolons after the
statement.

    > math.random()
    0.84018771676347
    > math.random();;

It also works to type the semicolon before the statement. But neither of these
will allow you to type an expression.

tom <telliamed@whoopdedo.org>