Hi François,

Thanks for the tip.  I already adjusted slingshot (the donor of .travis.yml
to all the luarocks I maintain and release) to make sure the GNU make
installcheck rule passes against the installed rock tree, before any of the
files are built locally to check the configured installation works.

This would have caught the stupid mistake I made with luaposix-33.3.0, and
should prevent any future repeat.

Since I also have more or less comprehensive Specl suites for everything
nowadays, I can add the smoke tests there... there's already a version check
example in the spec files for luaposix.  Unfortunately it worked in the build
tree by loading the uninstalled posix.lua prior to my b0rked release :-(  I
think the installcheck rules will prevent that happening in future though.

I do, however, need to audit my other projects to make sure they have a similar
version check to ensure the correct version of the installed and uninstalled
rock is being tested.

Cheers,
--
Gary V. Vaughan (gary AT vaughan DOT pe)