On Wed, 18 Feb 2015 13:17:38 +1300
Geoff Leyland <geoff_leyland@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have experience with, for example, LuaDBI and LuaSQL?  It
> looks like LuaDBI (on googlecode at least) hasn?t been updated since
> 2010, while LuaSQL dates to 2012.  Any alternatives?  I?ve tended to
> use one of the SQLite-only drivers in the past, but now I need to
> connect to Postgres, so it?s probably time I educated myself a bit.
>
> Cheers,
> Geoff

Hi Geoff,

if you only connect to PostgreSQL databases and/or if you like to do
object-relational-mapping (ORM), the "mondelefant" as part of the WebMCP
framework may be of interest for you.

See <db_*> methods in the reference documentation:
http://www.public-software-group.org/pub/projects/webmcp/v1.2.6/documentation.html

Download is here:
http://www.public-software-group.org/webmcp

It doesn't support asynchronous I/O, but it utilizes the asynchronous
interface of the libpq to allow sending multiple SQL queries at once
before receiving and processing the corresponding result sets:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/libpq-async.html

Kind Regards
Jan Behrens

--
Public Software Group e. V.
Johannisstr. 12, 10117 Berlin, Germany

www.public-software-group.org
vorstand at public-software-group.org

eingetragen in das Vereinregister
des Amtsgerichtes Charlottenburg
Registernummer: VR 28873 B

Vorstände (einzelvertretungsberechtigt):
Jan Behrens
Axel Kistner
Andreas Nitsche
Björn Swierczek