On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 1:54 PM, Evandro Leopoldino Gonçalves
<evandrolgoncalves@gmail.com> wrote:
> Lately I'm feeling the need to have more than one lua version running on my
> os.

As Rob pointed out, on Unix-like systems the Lua module path is
different for each version, so co-existence is easy if the executables
are named properly.

On Windows, each Lua executable is automatically associated with its
own local module path, based on the executable location.

Another approach is to sandbox the executable so that its module path
is associated with it directly;  this is the approach I've taken with
https://github.com/luabuild which can build both 5.2 and 5.3
executables where all the extensions are in local folders.  Then a
number of tweaked versions of 5.2 (for instance) can co-exist on a
system.