[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: Convert utf8 string to iso8859-1 (Latin1)
- From: Sean Conner <sean@...>
- Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 14:29:29 -0500
It was thus said that the Great Igor Medeiros once stated:
> Dear contributors,
> Is there a way to covert a string whose characters are encoded in utf8, to
> a string with characters encoded in iso-8859-1, just using lua standard
> libs? I cannot use libs with C codes.
> If there is, could you tell me how to do that or even point some site with
> this information?
I don't know of any existing Lua code to do this, but the concept is
1. convert UTF-8 sequence to a Unicode codepoint
2. Convert the Unicode codepoint
LARGE PDF) to ISO-8859-1 codepoint
3. Go back to step 1 if more data.
-spc (That should be enough to get you going ... )