On 17 January 2015 at 11:56, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ah, the joys of open source …
>
> By the standards of computer programs not intended for hacking
> by the others, lvm.c is not badly documented. About 2.5% of its
> lines are comments.
>
> Programs written for one's boss are of course much better documented.
> If you get paid per line of code, it's easier when the line is a comment.
> No syntax errors.

I tend to document because I can't remember things later on. If there
is tricky code then this is even more important.

Not sure if it is a measure of the perfection or complexity or both of
the parser/code generator that I haven't found any other
implementation that is not simply a port of the core implementation -
only exception being Luajit which of course generates different byte
code / and is heavily modified, and even Luajit reuses the basic
structure.

Anyway - as I learn more I will document what I learn.